Wow, I haven't done this in a while! Lots of little bits to share.
1) Dan has been away in Toronto since Monday and he is sorely missed! I've been humming that song by The Police all week..."The bed's too big with-out you" because it really is. (maybe now that I've shared that publically, someone else can be harassed by that song! I am sick of it! I never even liked it in the first place!) I've been sleeping with all the pillows and shams just to fill the empty space.
It's not the same.
2) He will conveniently arrive home tomorrow evening around 7:30, just in time for his birthday dinner!
I just have to share one of my favorite shots of him from this past summer.
(I may have already posted this but I really like it!)
3)Lots to do to get ready for his homecoming... gifts to wrap, balloons to blow up, cakes to bake.
4) Kitchen school is going well. This year we have added a new student. My daughter Rebecca has decided that traditional high school is not for her. She is doing great so far, using Seton homeschool curriculum. She is keeping busy taking three ballet classes a week, she will be volunteering with our CCD program, she is involved with a homeschool Shakespeare group and she spends her free time keeping up with her buddies from the old school on Facebook!
5)Speaking of Facebook.. I know I am woefully late to the party... but I finally broke down and started page. I am enjoying it, but it does eat up alot of time. Once I get a grip on controlling my impulse to "check my facebook" as my kids say, we may actually eat a hot meal once again.
6) It's been slow getting into the groove of a new schoolyear around here. I suspect facebbok/internet has some small part of the blame. But time marches on , whether I am ready and organized or not. We are doing it!
7) Dan has agreed to help out with music for our teen Mass. His first night is 9/26. Please say a prayer for him as he begins this new venture.
Check out more Quick-Takes at Conversion Diary
Have a blessed weekend!